Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inner Harbor Art Festival

I was (and still am) so honored to be chosen by Maryland Art Place (www.mdartplace.org) as one of the artists to represent them at the first ever Inner Harbor Art Festival. Last Monday, I was on Fox 45 morning news in a segment that was promoting the festival. Cathy Byrd, MAP's executive director, did a fantastic job introducing the artists present. I was happy that I didn't have to talk on camera haha all I had to do was knit by my work and look pretty. It was a great experience and great exposure and totally worth getting up at 4 am for!

The first day of the festival was today and it was very overcast all day. About 150 artists were represented and selling their work. Kids and dogs seemed to like my work the most! It was a great experience for an emerging contemporary artist like myself. It was very crowded but we had to shut down two hours early because of a big storm. The festival continues tomorrow from 10-5, and then on Monday is new graduate student orientation at MICA! What an exciting weekend...

Cathy Byrd being interviewed live about the festival

My work is in the foreground of this photo. There were 5 other artists featured.

News truck!



All set up!

Me, my grandma, and my mom sitting in the tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment