Thursday, July 22, 2010

Real Art DC


Lately I've been finding that the shows, jobs, etc that I apply for and then seem to forget about always come back to surprise me! I applied to the Washington Post's art competition Real Art DC back in late April/May during my theory class and thought nothing of it. I had been emailed a few times by a reporter asking for more images and thought, "Well that's interesting" but then lost touch. I recently got an email from the same reporter asking me if I would like to be a finalist--and I said yes of course! Here's how it works-- anyone can upload photos of their artwork onto the Real Art DC page. Right now there are almost 3000 images from artists. 10 finalists are selected and featured by the Post. Once all 10 have been selected, there's a 2 week voting period where you can vote for your favorite. The winner is then further featured on the website and I think in the printed paper as well. I'm surprised to be chosen, especially out of so many images and very honored. Thanks Washington Post! I'll post a link to the story once it's published.

No comments:

Post a Comment